This is going to be my first monthly reflection aka retrospective report. I'm making it short for this one and will add on more data along the way towards the end of the year.
June was a month of post-burnout.
After a lot of soul-searching, daily writings and binge-watching, I have found my clarity.
I've also started to run again on a daily basis. 2-3 KM at a time. Last I ran was more than a year ago. *Update: Have to stop now (as I posted this) due to the total lockdown announced last week.
And thanks to these, I've gained my confidence and excited to start working on new projects again.
At the same time, I'm more cautious of my mental wellness now — not to get too overworked which eventually leads to another burnout.
My main goal was to have that one business that makes money.
When I made that goal, I was still doing my freelance and agency work. So it seemed to sound like another side hustle.
But now that I “quit” my work, I decided to make this my ultimate goal.
Can I achieve it, now that I only have six months left?
If I have nothing to compare, then yes I can achieve it. The only blocker now is myself.
Two cool factors that I found inspiring:
- Bhanu's humility as he listens to others, being genuine online.
- MDX.one as a tool that complements Notion — my 2nd brain, my source of innovation and productivity
With the simplest thing; to have the conversation with everyone.
Inspired by Saša Cocic, I will try to talk to at least 3 people on a weekly basis.
A few points that I hope to achieve:
- Mental wellness. I need to talk to more humans. We're having a full lockdown now in Malaysia, so this is the best way for me to stay sane. At the same time, benefiting other people as well.
- Sources of motivation. I want to be inspired and stay motivated to continue working on my goals. In fact, I've gained so much from these sessions that I decided to start No Code Asia and another idea — planned for validation.
- To keep on talking to people to share our experiences, advises, feedbacks and encouragements
- To have 3 buddies for regular monthly calls
- To first ideate and validate my idea(s) — audience discovery
- To keep on writing and build a habit to schedule tweets/posts in batches